WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION
Registration for St. Michael sports for Winter 2019 is now OPEN! Go to http://register.smwarriors.com now to register for Basketball and Cheerleading. Additional info for each sport is provided below, plus Coordinator contact information if you have any questions, would like to volunteer to coach, etc.
- Basketball: Boys & Girls, 4-8th grade | $115 fee |
Regular Registration Deadline October 27, Late Registration Deadline November 8
Practices start Nov 6 (7th & 8th grade boys and girls teams will have tryouts to select rosters for competitive teams); Games start Dec 7 and go through mid-Feb with Tournaments being the last week of February
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Dan Driscoll (boys) 614-284-0774 | Kate Banker (girls) 614-361-1145
- Cheerleading Girls 4-8th grade | $25 fee |
Regular Registration Deadline November 15, Late Registration Deadline November 30
Practices start in early November and games go from Dec 8 through the end of February. We are also in need of a coach in order to have a team. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this volunteer opportunity.
- A "Family Fee" of $100 is charged to each family 1x for the 2019-20 school year; this will be added at checkout to your first registration for the school year.
- Late registrations will have $15 added to them. This is in line with other area leagues; more importantly (although it may not seem like it), late registrations can cause a lot of additional work for coaches and coordinators trying to finalize rosters and team sizes, so we are trying to discourage the practice. Registration deadlines have been better aligned with the start of each sport's season to help.
- Refunds for withdrawals will also be charged $15. Again, this is in line with other area leagues and is an effort to discourage the practice so we can be more certain of numbers when finalizing rosters. Having said all that, if you or someone you know has a financial situation that is preventing a child from being registered, please let us know. We want every child to have the opportunity to play!
- In order for players to participate in a St. Michael athletic opportunity, at least one parent/guardian must complete Play Like a Champion training course for parents. This is a one-time training focused on promoting character education through sports participation.
- League paperwork must be completed online this year. After you have registered and paid via http://register.smwarriors.com, go to the diocese page to complete the online forms: https://www.dioceseregister.com/register/.
SOCIAL EVENTS & FUNDRAISERS
2019 Tom Kalinoski Memorial Golf Outing
Please join us for the 2019 Tom Kalinoski Memorial Golf Outing. This event will take place on Monday, October 14, 2019 (new date!) at York Golf Club (7459 N High St, Columbus, OH 43235). Register now be a part of a foursome for our annual best-ball tournament. There will be an hors d'oeuvres & cocktail event following. Hole sponsorships are available. Click here to register
Check here often for details on upcoming fundraising events like Dodgeball, Euchre, Trivia Night, and A Night at the Races. If you would like to help plan or run a fundraising event, or for sponsorship opportunities, please contact SMAAFundraising@gmail.com.
Interested in coaching? Interested in helping the Athletic Association but coaching isn't your thing? Contact our President, Matt Gregory at (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we can help find your niche and get you in touch with people who can help use your time and talents to help our children's athletic programs. In addition to coaching, we can always use help with sports coordinators / administrators, fundraising / social events, and/or other positions. Remember: SMAA volunteering counts for St. Michael School volunteer hours! More information about volunteering in the Volunteer Info section below.