SUMMER AND FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION
Registration for St. Michael sports for Summer and Fall 2019 is now OPEN! Go to http://register.smwarriors.com now to register for Soccer, Golf, Cross-Country, Volleyball, Football, and K-3 Soccer. Additional info for each sport is provided below, plus Coordinator contact information if you have any questions, would like to volunteer to coach, etc.
· Soccer (boys& girls 4-8th grade): $75. Registration ends June 16.
Practices start July 5, games go from the start of August through mid-September.
Coordinator: Mitch Fogt and Phillip Vais.
· Golf (boys & girls 6-8th grade): $50 (does not include greens fees). Registration ends June 16.
Practices start in July and matches go from the end of July through late September.
Coordinator: Brad Roach
· Volleyball (boys& girls 4-8th grade): $95. Registration ends July 16.
Practices start in early August and games go from mid-September through early November.
Coordinators: Liz Trolli and Christina Weber
· Football (boys 4-8th grade) Registration ends July 16.
Practices start in early August and games go from mid-September through early November. If we have enough to field a St. Michael team, a $115 fee will be assessed; if not we will help place children with other schools and you will pay those schools directly.
Coordinator: Sean Donnelly
· Cross-Country (boys& girls 6-8th grade): $65. Registration ends July 16.
Practices start early August and meets go from late August through mid-October.
Coordinator: Chris Lucia
· K-3 Soccer (boys& girls K-3rd grade): $55 (plus option to purchase a uniform for $12). Registration ends August 4.
Practices start after Labor Day and games go from mid-September through late October.
Coordinator: Steve Gerlach
- A "Family Fee" of $100 is charged to each family 1x for the 2019-20 school year; this will be added at checkout to your first registration for the school year.
- Late registrations will have $15 added to them. This is in line with other area leagues; more importantly (although it may not seem like it), late registrations can cause a lot of additional work for coaches and coordinators trying to finalize rosters and team sizes, so we are trying to discourage the practice. Registration deadlines have been better aligned with the start of each sport's season to help.
- Refunds for withdrawals will also be charged $15. Again, this is in line with other area leagues and is an effort to discourage the practice so we can be more certain of numbers when finalizing rosters. Having said all that, if you or someone you know has a financial situation that is preventing a child from being registered, please let us know. We want every child to have the opportunity to play!
- In order for players to participate in a St. Michael athletic opportunity, at least one parent/guardian must complete Play Like a Champion training course for parents. This is a one-time training focused on promoting character education through sports participation.
- League paperwork must be completed online this year. After you have registered and paid via http://register.smwarriors.com, go to the diocese page to complete the online forms: https://www.dioceseregister.com/register/.
SOCIAL EVENTS & FUNDRAISERSThank you to everyone who participated in our 11th Annual Trivia Night on January 26! We had a lot of fun at this annual event event and raised funds that will help us provide quality uniforms, facilities, and equipment for our children's athletic teams, as well as scholarships for our top graduating scholar-athletes.
Check back here for the opportunity to participate in our NCAA Bracket Challenge in March and please make plans to join us for A Night At The Races on April 13, 2019. For more details about A Night at the Races or to register, click HERE.
If you would like to help plan or run a fundraising event, or for sponsorship opportunities, please contact SMAAFundraising@gmail.com.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIESInterested in coaching? Interested in helping the Athletic Association but coaching isn't your thing? Contact our President, Matt Gregory at (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we can help find your niche and get you in touch with people who can help use your time and talents to help our children's athletic programs. In addition to coaching, we can always use help with sports coordinators / administrators, fundraising / social events, and/or other positions. Remember: SMAA volunteering counts for St. Michael School volunteer hours! More information about volunteering in the Volunteer Info section below.